Periodontics Request A Virtual Consultation
A healthy smile needs a healthy foundation of bacteria-free, strong gum and bone tissue.
The Art and Science of Periodontics
Periodontics is the branch of dentistry that focuses on the health of bones and tissues that support your teeth. Regular Beverly Hills periodontics visits with Dr. Glosman will maintain the health of these vital structures. When bacterial build-up is threatening the health of your smile, there are 2 alternatives: non-surgical and surgical periodontics.
These are just a few of the procedures which can be used to restore the health of your gum and bone tissue, providing a healthy foundation for a smile that will last a lifetime. Excellent Beverly Hills periodontics treatment is vital to keeping the smiles of our Los Angeles patients happy and healthy. Call our office today for a consultation with Dr. Glosman.
Two Types of Periodontal Treatment
- A hand scaler/curette is used to remove plaque or calculus at or below the gum line.
- Tooth root surfaces may be smoothed using Periodontal Debridement.
- A laser is used to treat bacterial pockets along the gumline.
- Gum-grafting: to restore eroding gum tissue.
- Crown Lengthening: reshaping the gum and supporting tissue to be able to place a restoration properly.
- Bone Grafting: replacing bone tissue for the successful placement of an implant.